The Rigby Foundation operates on the principle that success in business goes hand-in-hand with giving back to society and communities.
Founded by Sir Peter Rigby in 1992, the Foundation is a registered charity (No. 1011259), operating independently of the Rigby Group but receives Group funding for its activities, currently pledged at £2m per annum.
As a family business, giving back and philanthropy remains very important to us and over the last 30 years the Rigby Foundation has supported multiple charities and causes, with an emphasis on those that are close to the communities in which we operate, and those relating to lifelong learning, health, and education.
Recent giving back initiatives
- Support for Unite by 2022 – the Commonwealth Games legacy appeal in Birmingham
- Creation of a sensory garden for Warwickshire’s Shakespeare Hospice
- Support for Place2Be, the national children’s mental health charity
- Becoming principle sponsor of City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Establishment of the SCC Academy, a charity dedicated to upskilling job seekers by providing vital access to IT training and hardware resources.
- Supporting South Warwickshire Foundation Trust’s cancer work
The Rigby Foundation is unfortunately unable to respond to unsolicited requests for support.
“During the past 30 years, I have established and managed our family charitable foundation. It has been the principal vehicle through which we have supported initiatives, investments, causes, concerns, and education, across a broad range of people, communities and interests.”